DCI, Inc. began in 1955 when Carl Nielsen, who was working for Owatonna Creamery Supplies Co., visited with Fred and Richard Konsor, of Konsor Brothers’ Welding and Machine Shop in Holdingford, Minnesota. During the conversation, Carl suggested a new corporation for the manufacturing of stainless steel equipment for the dairy industry. Fred and Richard were receptive to the idea, so Carl resigned his position, borrowed money from friends to invest, and brought in investors. Along with Fred and Richard, who agreed to invest their equipment and talent in this new company that they called Dairy Craft.
Dairy Craft, Inc. started operations in May 1955, in a vacant building in Holdingford which stayed home to the company for the first years. Then in 1969, having outgrown in the Holdingford plant, DCI, Inc. moved to its present location in St. Cloud.
The stainless steel equipment being made by DCI, Inc., was being purchased by a much wider range of industries than simply dairy. In 1978, it became apparent that the Dairy Craft corporate name was not symbolic of the products and industries being served by the company and the name was changed to DCI, Inc.
DCI, Inc. is committed to building a life-long relationship with the customers we serve. To provide the utmost in customer satisfaction, DCI, Inc. offers more than just high-quality tanks.
From the initial quote through product installation and support, our full-service approach to customer order fulfillment requires ongoing communications to ensure that client expectations are met for every project.
Our internal processes were created to provide turn-key solutions for our customers.
These services include:
Learn about DCI, Inc.’s employment opportunities.