DCI, Inc. is currently seeking skilled TIG welders with stainless steel experience to join their team who:
- Are highly motivated & results driven
- Have excellent communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Have sound judgment & decision making skills
- Thrive in a team setting
Ability to perform welding and burning operations at a mode rate level on steel and stainless steel components, sub-assemblies and similar weldment and fabrications.
Uses all types of welding equipment, weldment positioning and manipulating equipment, air slag hammers, air chipping hammers, rotary air powered brushes, air grinders, air arc gougers, air impact wrenches, overhead power hoists, and hand tools including hammers, wrenches, and hand trucks. Requires the use of measuring devices such as; hand tape, square and protractor.
Uses welding rods, wire, fluxes, gases, and works with various types of material which may range from small and light weight to large, unwieldy, and heavy and is involved primarily with steel and stainless steel bar, tubing, angle, and sheet.
- Works from drawings, sketches, welding symbols, specifications, and instructions that are either basic in nature or fully explained.
- Sets up and operates metal arc welding equipment to perform routine MIG and TIG welding operations.
- Sets current, gas pressures, and regulates pressure controls.
- Selects rod, wire, tips, and electrodes for specific operation to be performed.
- Fits and positions parts in accordance with drawing specification, positions and secures holding devices and tack welds as necessary.
- Uses care to lay a smooth bead to obtain proper penetration and fusion, avoids burning or distortion of metal, detects defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties for reporting to supervisor.
- Assists other departmental employees in fitting and positioning parts.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs associated duties or related work as assigned.
- 3-5 years of TIG welding experience required
- Requires high school or equivalent education together with specialized training in welding.
- Basic math skills with ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read blueprints with knowledge of welding symbols.
- Must have basic skills to perform electric arc, gas welding and brazing processes specified.
- The successful completion of welding tests is mandatory.
- Be able to complete a job related physical.
- Union pay rate
- Health, dental & life insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K pension plan
- Short Term Disability
- $500 hiring bonus upon completion of probation period
- Career advancement opportunities
1st & 2nd shift positions are available (since we are a union shop, availability to work both shifts is required if bumped - although not common). If you are interested in joining a dynamic organization that is committed to growth through superior products and quality, please submit a resume and complete our online application or apply in person. No phone calls please.
P.O. Box 1227
St. Cloud, MN 56302-1227