Provide a wide range of maintenance type work in connection with the installation, repair and maintenance of machines, equipment, buildings, and related utility services for a welding/fabrication shop.
Able to use the full complement of mechanics tools, as well as the standard tools and equipment associated with the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting trades and also use power tools such as bench saw, band saw, and drill press, as well as welding and brazing equipment.
Works with a wide variety of parts, components, and supplies associated with machine tools, fabrication equipment, buildings, equipment, and utility services with using repair materials such as acids, solvents, paints, oils, greases, and cleaners.
- Works from drawings, schematics, layouts, specifications, service manuals, verbal orders in the completion of a variety of maintenance activities.
- Diagnoses machines and equipment problems:
-Consults with supervisor to establish type and extent of repairs to be made;
-Disassembles unit, completes repairs and parts replacement;
-Reassembles equipment and makes necessary tests.
- Moves and installs machine tools and equipment:
-Levels and aligns as necessary;
-Installs attachments and accessories such as pumps, motors, tanks, and guards;
-Aligns motors, gearboxes, sheaves and adjusts belts.
- Performs various electrical repair and maintenance work:
-Wires machine tools, special purpose machines, and equipment;
-Disassembles motors, cleans, repairs, and replaces worn or defective parts;
-Repairs switches, portable power tools, fans, and air conditioning equipment;
-Replaces fuses, coils, bulbs, and alters/installs lighting and power lines.
- Completes a normal range of plumbing and pipe fitting installations and repairs:
-Services air, water, oil, and steam line;
-Repairs plumbing leaks, valves, traps, and drainage systems.
- Performs general plant work to make, repair, maintain, or alter a variety of items.
- Does general maintenance welding using MIG & TIG, arc, acetylene, and brazing equipment.
- Maintains safety equipment.
- Directs and instructs others in safety matters and completes various safety reports.
- Plans work effectively to minimize interference or delay in production and to assure optimum accomplishment.
- Reports unusual conditions, defective equipment, or operating difficulties to Department Foreman.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Performs associated duties or related work as assigned.
- Strong electric skills are a plus.
- Requires a high school or equivalent education together with significant and diversified training and experience in the various trades.
- A good working knowledge of the electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, mechanic, and millwright trades is essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Have a driver’s license that meets with DCI insurance standards.
- Be able to complete a job related physical
- Union pay rate
- Health, dental & life insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K pension plan
- Short Term Disability
- $500 hiring bonus upon completion of probation period
- Career advancement opportunities
1st shift position available. If you are interested in joining a dynamic organization that is committed to growth through superior products and quality, please submit a resume and complete our online application or apply in person. No phone calls please.
P.O. Box 1227
St. Cloud, MN 56302-1227