Plans, sets up, and performs a wide range of machining operations, using various machine tools, jigs, and fixtures in the production of a wide variety of product parts as well as tooling items.
Able to operate a variety of machine tools such as milling machine, boring mill, engine lathe, radial drill, drill press, key seater, cut-off saw and bench grinder, together with the utilization of related jigs, fixtures and attachments. Also uses micrometers, inside and outside gauges, rulers, calipers and protractors.
Works basically with steel and stainless steel sheet, plate, tubing, bar, or angle, and infrequently with other materials.
- Sets up and operates an engine lathe, milling machine, key seater, boring mills, bench grinder, radial drill, drill press and cut off saw together with related equipment, attachments and prescribed jigs and fixtures
- Works from drawings, sketches, specifications and instructions to determine operational sequence, tooling and material requirements
- Lays out work and makes necessary calculations for machining and finishing
- Makes varied and complex set ups involving the determination of methods to hold and machine unusual work, devises temporary tooling or alters existing tools to accommodate individual job requirements
- Selects and sets tools in proper locations, sets speeds and feeds appropriate to the material and finish requirements, indicates work as needed to avoid run out or misalignment
- Sharpens tools as required and replaces broken or malfunctioning tooling
- Maintains designated dimensions relating to diameters, bores, grooves, surfaces, angles and other parts characteristics to assure squareness, concentricity, parallelism and prescribed drawing conformance
- Make recommendations regarding design, use and modification of jigs and fixtures as well as processes involved in machining operations
- Performs tolerance checking and gauging functions to assure adherence to all drawing specifications and quality standards
- Detects defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties for reporting to supervisor
- Participates in training and work direction provided to lesser level machinists and trainees
- Keeps work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Performs associated duties or related work as assigned
- Requires a high school or equivalent education together with extensive specialized training in the machinist trade
- Requires extensive job experience to attain a level of acceptable competence
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is essential
- Good communication skills
- Be able to complete a job related physical
- Union pay rate
- Health, dental & life insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K pension plan
- Short Term Disability
- $500 hiring bonus upon completion of probation period
- Career advancement opportunities
Employee would train on days (7:30am-4pm) and eventually move to second shift (4pm-2:30am). If you are interested in joining a dynamic organization that is committed to growth through superior products and quality, please submit a resume, complete our online application or apply in person. No phone calls please.
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 1227
St. Cloud MN 56302