DCI Inc. is currently seeking a Machine Operator to join their team who:
- Are highly motivated & results driven
- Have excellent communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Have sound judgment & decision making skills
- Thrive in a team setting
Plans and lays out steel and stainless steel sheet metal components and performs basic forming operations to develop the required parts to produce weldment fabrications.
Able to use a variety of hand and portable power tools which includes drills, hand shear, nibbler, grinder, sander, and related equipment. Necessary instruments such as tapes, scales, protractors, squares, and calipers are also included.
Works basically with steel and stainless steel plate and sheet metal of various gauges, sizes and weights and also with bar stock tubing and angle iron, uses layout fluid and brushes.
- Works from drawings, sketches, and instructions to determine operational requirements and makes arithmetic calculations to develop forming details.
- Lays out work on sheet metal, indicating operational lines and dimensions; exercising care to conserve material.
- Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as power brake, shear, saw, and nibbler, electric drills, hydraulic knock-out punch, hand brake, hand shear, and related equipment to cut materials to size, shape, and form. Also uses disc grinder and belt sander to deburr edges.
- Checks work as necessary to assure holding prescribed tolerance and to maintain quality standards.
- Detects defective materials, unusual conditions, or operating difficulties for reporting to the Department Foreman.
- Removes trimmings and scrap as a part of good housekeeping responsibility.
- Performs associated duties or related work as assigned.
- Requires a high school or equivalent education together with post high school training in metal working or on the job training as a helper.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to complete a job related physical
- Union pay rate
- Health, dental & life insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K pension plan
- Short Term Disability
- $500 hiring bonus upon completion of probation period
- Career advancement opportunities
Candidate would train on Day Shift (M-F 7:30am-4pm) and move to 2nd shift (M-Th 4pm-2:30am) after roughly 90 days. If you are interested in joining a dynamic organization that is committed to growth through superior products and quality, please submit a resume and complete our online application or apply in person. No phone calls please.
P.O. Box 1227
St. Cloud, MN 56302-1227