DCI Inc. is currently seeking Electropolishers to join their team who:
- Are highly motivated & results driven
- Have excellent communication skills
- Pay attention to detail
- Have sound judgment & decision making skills
- Thrive in a team setting
Able to perform all the necessary electropolishing operations to develop the required surface finishes on a variety of components and fabricated assemblies.
Able to operate the electropolishing system in a variety of applications, grinders, buffers, and hand tools are also involved.
Works on stainless steel parts, components, and assemblies of various sizes and ranging from small and light weight to large, unwieldy and heavy and uses acids and copper material.
- Sets up the work involved using fixtures and devices necessary for the job.
- Arranges for acid mixtures of the correct consistency at the proper temperature to be used together with appropriate copper current conductors in the correct locations to accomplish the desired electropolishing finish.
- Determines process procedure, whether in system tank or in-product container, and prepares electropolishing operations accordingly.
- Conceives and implements set up arrangements involving fabrication rotation, sealing, surface exposure, degree of applications, and other operational considerations.
- Uses visual and microscopic inspection techniques to determine adequacy of finish.
- Utilizes hydrometers, voltage\amp meters, pH meters, and thermometers to determine acid mixture, voltage adequacy for process accomplishments.
- Uses significant ingenuity and discretion in determining process set up, process application, and correct process procedures.
Trains and instructs lower level department personnel.
- Detects and reports defective materials, shortages, unusual conditions, or operating difficulties to the Department Foreman.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Performs associated duties or related work as assigned.
- Requires a high school or equivalent education together with substantial on the job training and experience in the finishing of metals.
- Basic math skills with ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Be able to complete a job related physical.
- Union pay rate
- Health, dental & life insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K pension plan
- Short Term Disability
- $500 hiring bonus upon completion of probation period
- Career advancement opportunities
1st & 2nd shift positions are available (since we are a union shop, availability to work both shifts is required if bumped - although not common). If you are interested in joining a dynamic organization that is committed to growth through superior products and quality, please submit a resume and complete our online application or apply in person. No phone calls please.
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 1227
St. Cloud MN 56302